Saturday, May 18, 2013

Education is the Key to Success!

Mark and I have signed up to take a course at Oregon State University; the course is focused on brewery startups.  The class is being held in Bend (another huge benefit of taking the class)!

The person who arrives with the best business plan wins a two week paid internship at the Ninkasi  Brewing Company.  That’s all I need to hear, competition.  We’ve been plugging away on our business plan.  Thus far, we’ve completed the Executive Summary,  written a ton of information on the US beer market and now we’re working the financials.

 

There are some brewery friendly states out there and turns out, Louisiana is not so friendly.  I need to call the two Senators and complain.  While I’m ok with the three tier distribution, I want to be able to sell my kegs, growlers, cans and bottles retail out of our very own tap room.  I hear a rumor that change was in the works; however, I haven’t seen this in writing.  I was in Houston a few weeks ago and there are craft breweries popping up all over in the state.  One thing I love about Texas is how pro-business the state is…

 

I’m heading to The Netherlands tomorrow.  I think a tour of Heineken is in order…  Perhaps their beer is a bit more tasty and fresher when consumed on their property.

 

More to come,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment