Saturday, August 10, 2013

Where Y'at?

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted.  We’re currently under the gun to get our business plan in order so we can present it at the Oregon State University’s short course on how to open a brewery.  We head to Bend, Oregon the week of September 9th to get educated by the professionals from the Ninkasi Brewery.

So outside of the business plan you may wonder what we’ve been up to…  well let’s see…  we’ve fallen in love with session beer.  The winter weight gain has been pretty hard on me and I have to consider that outside of not exercising as much because it’s cold and dark, a contributing factor could be my love of IPAs!  So, I’m trying to wrangle the weight down before the snow hits the ground again.

Outside of drinking session beer, we’ve toured a few Alaskan breweries.  The folks at King Street and Midnight Sun Brewery gave us impromptu tours…  all we did was ask a few questions and the brewers were happy to show us their ‘kit’.  We also had a chance to stop in Denali Brewery.  We didn’t go to their production brewery but we did visit their brew pub.  Their business is on the rise.

I’ve begun to read the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control’s website trying to understand what it takes to open a brewery.  Hurdle number 1 – we have to have a location prior to applying for a permit so I guess that means I need to contact Stacy Head, Council Woman at Large in New Orleans to try and figure out what we need to look for in a location.  Now, here’s the million dollar question – do we lease or own the property?  I’m in agreement with Mark, we purchase the property and locate the brewery on our on ground!



More to come y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment